Building our dream
When we first set foot in the little town of Hoedspruit in South Africa’s Limpopo Province, we couldn’t have predicted the amazing journey that would soon begin for us as we built our dream villa in the African bush. From the minute we conceived of Ubuntu Luxury Villa, we’ve been involved in a creative process to make sure that every aspect of the build and design aligns with our vision.
After deciding on the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate, for all the reasons we list here, we set about finding the right partner for the design we had in mind.
Now anyone who has built a home can tell you, it’s quite a process. Try doing it remotely while running an international business, with just occasional site visits and well, that takes things to a whole new level!
We did our research though and found a great partner in Nadzieja Construction under the guidance of owner Kleintjie Viljoen.
It helped that we knew exactly what we wanted, and that Kleintjie sent us regular updates and photographs of how the work was proceeding.
Here are some ‘before’ and ‘after’ pictures that show the progress from a beautiful site in the bush, to our dream villa.
As we prepare to welcome our first guests in June 2019, we’ve taken a moment to reflect on and appreciate the partnerships, community and collaboration in Hoedspruit, that have made this experience so rewarding!
Every decision we have made together has been carefully considered based on our taste, our travel experience and our passion for the African bush. The result is a space that fuels our souls.
Along with Nadzieja Construction and their fantastic team, we’d like to celebrate all our partners in Hoedspruit and surroundings for their role in building our dream:
- Splinters custom made most of our furniture from responsibly sourced wood.
- Darkie Designs supplied us with our linen, our Ubuntu styled director’s chairs and some of our key pieces to help tie our interiors together.
- Rustique Interiors worked with us on the soft furnishings such as our curtains, black-out curtains, cushions in the boma and lounge-set.
- Heunis Houtwerke: custom made our kitchen, scullery, bathroom cabinets and room cabinets
- Africology Spa Hoedspruit supplied us with beautiful, authentically african amenities for all of our rooms.
- Edenleo Designs printed all of Anouk’s art for the interior of the house.
- Dreamwave Design Solutions helped us create the perfect logo.
- Dianne from Afribird Communications who helped us copywriter our website and documentation.
- Katie Nicolle Consultancy who built this website.
Today, we can proudly say that Ubuntu Luxury Villa represents everything we’ve come to cherish in a home and in a holiday. It combines nature and wildlife with a lifestyle based on authenticity, beauty and a commitment to our common humanity. We can’t wait to share it with you.