“Our time in the Hoedspruit area has changed us for the better – we’ve designed everything to try and share that experience with you.”
We want your holiday in Hoedspruit to be exceptional! We’ve designed a home that we love and have tried to think of everything we’d need to have the most relaxed, enjoyable stay in this bushveld villa. Have a look at the pictures and information below, which should give you a good idea of what to expect when you book Ubuntu Luxury Villa for your exclusive-use stay.
A home with heart
Comfort, luxury and attention to detail are all important to us and we’ve made sure that Ubuntu Luxury Villa exhibits all three. The house is situated amongst mature, indigenous trees in a spot we’ve grown to appreciate and love.
Rooms to remember
Ubuntu Luxury Villa has three en suite bedrooms, two of which have open air, outdoor showers. The rooms are oriented around a central, open plan living and dining area, with a large deck. They are subtly themed around some of our favorite animals; elephants, leopards and zebras.
Décor by design
This palette extends throughout the house, with subtle tones and high quality linens, leathers and lighting working together to create a relaxed, but high-end ambiance for guests. The furniture was hand-made locally to scale, and all artwork have been created and curated by Anouk.
Everything you need
There are warm rugs and plenty of books (fiction and reference) in the living area, which also features a Samsung Smart TV linked to your favorite apps such as Netflix, YouTube and Amazon. Enjoy all the discrete, modern conveniences luxury travellers expect; blackout curtains, high speed wifi, air conditioners, screened sliding doors and windows, a silent dishwasher and washing machine, clothes dryer, filtered water, back-up power supply, large safes, USB plug points, fluffy towels and cotton robes, binoculars, books on birds and wildlife and all the information you may need to plan your stay. And not to forget, a heated pool during the colder months.
Our modern kitchen
The kitchen is designed so that everything is in easy reach, with a separate scullery for the large appliances (washer, drier and dishwasher). The kitchen is fully kitted out for you to eat in as often and as creatively as you please – there are some cookbooks for inspiration – with a high-end gas stove and oven for gourmet creations. We have our own reverse osmosis water system installed too, so the water is safe to drink.
Views from our deck
A highlight (in every way) is the elevated viewing deck, which gives you spectacular views over the African bushveld. It’s romantic, it’s peaceful and you’ll feel your heart expand towards the horizon as you enjoy coffee, a meal or a sundowner from this unique vantage point. Remember, guests can walk and cycle around the estate, but you do need to comply with the house rules and the estate rules.
Why choose us
Well we can list all the obvious reasons; like our location on a private wildlife estate, our large heated swimming pool, the many mountain-bike trails and walks you can take, and our proximity to the Kruger National Park and Blyde River Canyon, our high quality finishes, and luxury appliances… But what sets us apart? Why should you choose us, and nobody else?
These are the stand-out reasons why you should book Ubuntu Luxury Villa today:
- We only cater for a minimum of 3 nights stay. This means you have time to relax, explore and fully enjoy the environment, with no pressure, no other guests and the freedom to plan your experience to suit you, and nobody else!
- You’re guaranteed absolute exclusivity. We only rent Ubuntu Luxury Villa to one party at a time. You’ll have all the comforts of larger luxury lodges, but none of the small talk, compromise or social rules that come into play when you share space with other travellers.
- Our private viewing deck is something really special! We only know of one other elevated viewing deck on the estate. Once up there for drinks or a meal, your heart will expand towards the seemingly limitless horizon. It’s romantic, it’s unique and it will create moments in time you’ll never forget!
- The artwork in the lodge has all been created by Anouk. There are no generic prints here, or stock images. Every canvas, large or small, has been created by us and is part of our story. It captures an experience, an animal, a memory that’s meaningful to us, and something we can share with you.
- We have tried to think of everything for you; from practical items like conveniently located USB points, an inverter in case of power cuts, a heated pool and a reverse osmosis water filtration system, to all the details that make the house a luxury home, not an impersonal hotel. We want you to use the field guides, enjoy the Africology amenities, and curl up with the extra blankets we’ve provided in the lounge.
- Ubuntu Luxury Villa is full of soul, and because it’s a project that’s been so personal to us, we hope you feel that too! We don’t want you to just come and go, but rather, to really connect with this beautiful part of the world, nourishing your mind and body and planning your return before you even leave…